WSDM 2014, a recap
WSDM is wrapping up today, with only the workshops left for tomorrow. All in all, it was an exciting WSDM with lots of interesting talks and discussions. And of course Times Square cannot be beaten as conference venue location. Some papers/talks that caught my (semantic search) eye at WSDM, in no particular order.
- Entity Linking at the Tail: Sparse Signals, Unknown Entities, and Phrase Models
- Lessons from the Journey: A Query Log Analysis of Within-Session Learning
- On Building Entity Recommender Systems Using User Click Log and Freebase Knowledge
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation based Diversiﬁed Retrieval for E-commerce Search
- Improving Search Relevance for Short Queries in Community Question Answering
- Knowledge-based Graph Document Modeling
- Using Linked Data to Mine Facts from Wikipedia’s Tables
Until next year in Shanghai!